Looks like all our “hard work” has paid off as our colleagues have nominated us for a Kreativ Blogger Award. First off, we would like to thank Foolish Blatherings and The Cultural Post for thinking of us. It is truly gratifying to be singled out by those with common interests, even if (or especially if) we don’t always see eye to eye.
What is a Kreativ Blogger Award? Well, we’re not entirely sure, we only just got our virtual hands on it. What we do know is that it comes with a set of instructions.
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.
Despite the fact that we got into the field of movie blogging because of our “affinity for disobedience” we’ll comply with the rest of these requests, starting with what we consider people might find interesting about us:
- The Film Cynics began as a concept for a TV show, turned into a website, and then somehow turned into a radio show. We hope it will eventually turn into a hovercraft of some kind.
- Steve went to high school with Alanis Morisette, went to college with Tom Green, and was once a total jerk to David Cronenberg (I didn’t know it was Cronenberg at the time).
- Brian is constantly amazed that no believes he was once married.
- Steve sobs like a little girl anytime he watches I Am Sam.
- Brian is afraid of snakes and spiders. He will never watch Anaconda, Snakes on a Plane and has to close his eyes during Raiders of the Lost Ark.
- Steve has a DVD/Blu-ray collection numbering in the vicinity of 500 titles… and it’s still nowhere nearly big enough.
- Brian one day wants to coach high school football in the US. Thanks to Friday Night Lights for that.
That should about do it. Facts about us continue to get less and less interesting the further we go.
As far as blogs that we would like to nominate, we’d like to say right off that The Cultural Post and Foolish Blatherings belong in this list, but we’re going to try to avoid the cyber-feedback and single out some other blogs that deserve a nod.
- Sarahnomics: Sarah is the entire reason that we blog at all. Steve is trying his best to emulate her review style: short & sweet. Steve’s are still more long & bitter. Her blog diverts itself to some interesting futurism topics too, if that’s your style.
- Blog Cabins: The shepherd to the flock, and I’m sure a guy who’s been nominated more than a few times this year. I don’t know why he devotes so much time to Survivor, but I guess that’s how they roll down in the U.S. of A. His tireless dedication to keeping the “kreativ” in “kreativ blogging” makes him a mandatory addition to this list.
- Film Insight: Josh over at Film Insight has got to be the most polite blogger we’ve ever come across. So polite that we’re still not convinced he isn’t some kind of phishing ‘bot or something. His blog does what I wish our did more often, offer up a little sociological perspective on the big films of the day. Much like Steve’s hero, John Pungente, Josh seems to “get it” as far as where movies fit into our society and how we all get along.
- Cane Toad Warrior: Now, you’d think he made this list because he’s the only Australian blogger we could come up with, and you’d be half right. He’s the only Australian blogger we’ve come across who writes intensely readable reviews. There’s an important distinction there. I don’t read his blog nearly as much as I should, but I’m never disappointed when I do.
- 24 Hours to Midnight: These guys (at least I think there’s more than one of them) are freakin’ hiliarious. Major props go out for their continuing series of the Tara Reid school of acting. From what I gather, they’re from St. John’s, they watch the worst possible movies they can get their hands on, and they have an intern or lab-rat constantly at work, clicking through to the LAMB site. Their haikus are great, but their access to terrible flicks is unparalled.
- Random Ramblings of a Demented Doorknob: I wish I had as prolific an ability to generate new content as R2D2, or as cool an abbreviation for our site’s name. I might not always be in agreement with what I read there, but I generally feel that I’m out of my league when trying to argue it.
- Bitchin’ Film Reviews: The Library Loot section alone is worthy of it’s own award, but Blake backs it up with other regular segments for trailers and scenes from films. It’s this reliability that inspired us to come up with our own regular segments – in hopes that we might catch someone’s eye. And now here we are, nominating Blake for an award that we wouldn’t have been offered without them.
Thanks again for the nomination and we’d like to also thank all the other bloggers out there for setting a great example for that we can totally rip off and make millions from! MILLIONS!