It’s a bittersweet day as we bid a fond farewell to Friday Night Lights which ended its 5 season run this past week, offering Brian his best possible opportunity to say “I told you so” to Steve. For some reason Steve apparently finds solace in chronicling the best roles of David Patrick Kelly, and spending time at the Victoria Film Festival. At the heart of this week’s show though, is our review of Davis Guggenheim’s latest, Waiting for Superman. It’s tricky reviewing a documentary without getting bogged down in it’s issues, but Brian plays the schoolmarm and judges it on its merits.
- It’s not often that Steve admits he was wrong, but he made a major faux pas when he ignored Brian’s advice about Friday Night Lights. At least this time he tuned in before it was too late. After 5 strong seasons, it’s finally bowing out in fine style and Steve and Brian toast to its success.
- It’s not exactly clear what brought it on, but Steve’s got David Patrick Kelly fever and he’s got a top 5 list to prove it.
- Davis Guggenheim’s latest documentary, Waiting for Superman, examines the plight of the American education system. Does he have the skills to infuse the subject matter with the same buzz as global warming? Enough even to make the issue relevant to a pair of Canadians?
- The Victoria Film Festival is wrapping up and there’s been some gems and some duds, but the important thing was to get out there.
- Brian releases Dear Zachary from the Vault while Steve offers up The Warriors. For trailers we’ve got some leftovers from the Super Bowl: Super 8 and Captain America.