The Super Bowl, you say? Humbug! We’re going ahead with our beloved show no matter what the cheeseheads have to say about it. It’s Kind of a Funny Story is on the review docket, and we’ve got plenty of odds and ends to catch up on now that Brian’s back from Los Angeles. Steve’s also got a Victoria Film Festival update, along with some crazy Vault picks and trailers too.
- We open up the show talking about Super Bowl ads and a few bits of movie news.
- Now that Brian’s back from California, he regales Steve with tales of the Arclight Theatre, and Steve reciprocates by giving while the thumbs up to The Illusionist.
- It’s Kind of a Funny Story stays in the shallow end of the psych ward films, but that helps keep it light and pleasant. Is the story funny enough to get a consensus out of the ‘Cynics?
- Steve offers up the best reasons he can come up with to check out the Victoria Film Festival, and film festivals in general.
- We’ve each got a psych ward film for our Vault picks this week – the über-classic One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest and the scifi-schmaltzy K-Pax. For trailers it’s a mixed bag with Bridesmaids and Cold Weather, a special favourite for Steve.